WELCOME

Medical school, travel and photography is what this blog is about. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Safari

  A safari is an overland journey, usually a trip by tourists to Africa. The word safari means "long journey" in SwahiliTraditionally, the term is used for a big-game hunt, but today the term often refers to a trip taken not for the purposes of hunting, but to observe and photograph animals and other wildlife(Wikipedia).
  This past weekend has been an exciting one for me, but also very tiring. I left Mombassa with no clue as to what to expect. I went on safari with a group of about 19 people. From mombassa we travelled nine and half hours to Nairobi (it was supposed to be an 8 hour drive). We spent the night there and the next morning left for Masai Mara. It took about 5 hours. We had a few stops on the way. One was the view point of the Rift Valley(check the next post).
  This whole week I am going to blog about the whole safari trip, everything I saw, everything I experienced. I hope you do not get bored.  


Just before we left Mombassa.
On the bus to Masai Mara

No comments:

Post a Comment